Thursday, June 1, 2017

Beijing - Day 2 (Part 2)

THE DOWAGER'S GREEN CUBE
Earlier this year, I came across a documentary featuring Beijing's fermented tofu. It was said that although it stank to high Heaven, it's effect on the palette was heavenly. The late Dowager Cixi (Qing Dynasty) loved it and not knowing what it was called decided thereon to call it "THE GREEN CUBE". And by this name it has been called since. 


Not knowing how or where to find the factory where The Green Cube was produced, I thought I'd give the supermarket a try. And right there on the shelf by a corner,  I found it! It was wrapped in layers and carefully packed into my suitcase to contain its stench. Right about now, this jar of green cube is sitting in my fridge while I  figure out what's to be done to and with it.

I'll keep you posted.






No comments:

Post a Comment